Thursday, November 13, 2014

Overhoff Strasse & Corunna Barracks

Hello Boy,

Today, I visited Overhoff Strasse and Corunna Barracks.  Overhoff has changed a lot, although it is still recognizable. The path that used to run along all the front doors has now gone, all the trees are taller, of course, there are less grassed areas and I could not get up behind the house as it was all overgrown. Very interesting.







The Barracks entrance is the same with the Sgts Mess/Guardroom building all in place.  25 Sqn Building has gone as well as 2 Sqn and the Square. Lots of new buildings.  The footy pitch is something else, floodlights, astro turf, a massive parking area and the pitch now belongs to Hemer Stadt.







Last night I watched NCIS on TV, you should hear their voices, very bolshi indeed.  Abbey has a very squeekie Herman voice.


Tomorrow I am off to the BMH, hopefully.  Now the old BMH grounds are owned by a University.I shall speak nicely to them!!!!!!!!!!!

At the moment on TV  Munchen 1860 are playing Dusseldorf. Not an exciting game rather boring. I am getting too old.

When I was in town this afternoon I spotted a German Dollar Shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say the Euro Shop and yes, I did go in and no I didn't buy anything.  It had all sorts including wine at 2 euros a bottle, very classy stuff I am sure. I also went into a Woolworths, very much like what we used to have.

That's me for the time being, look after yourself boy.

Dad x

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this. We lived at No 38 in 1981. I have lots of pics of the area from that time.

    ReplyDelete