Wednesday, July 6, 2016

The Mongolian Affair

Well boy, it has been 12 months in the planning, and now I am on my way.  It all started when one of my old Army chummies announced that he was leading an expedition to Mongolia in the summer of 2016.  I had worked with John Blashford Snell in the '60's when he paid me ten pounds, a WHOLE ten pounds, to type up the notes about his exploration of the Blue Nile.  This went on to become a best seller.  OK, so it didn't - but it wasn't due to my typing!

So here I am, setting off on a three week trip to Mongolia.  On horseback.  At my age.  What fun!!!


This is me at Calgary airport - just before going through security and the Border Services taking my (somewhat oversized) smelly off me.  Oh dear - don't they realise how long I will be travelling for?  It will certainly be unfortunate for whoever I am sitting next to on the last leg of the journey . . . . . . . 

Oh, and don't tell Lorraine this as I always tease her about the weight of her cases when she emigrated to Canada in 2004, but my cases were overweight.  Shhhh!  I played the 'old folk' card with the lovely lady at check-in.  So far, so good!

Well boy, this is me 'in transit' for the best part of three days, will catch up with you soon.  Be good, and try and pick up some top tips from Paul an Lorraine's new dog, Nico.  He can sit you know.  When told - fancy that.

Dad
x

No comments:

Post a Comment